Staying Focused on School
Nandi attends Golden Valley High School in Santa Clarita, California. She has been swimming at Golden Valley High School since her freshman year, and has been a varsity swimmer for the Golden Valley High School Swim Team since 10th grade. Nandi belongs to the California Scholarship Federation (CSF) and National Honor Society since 2011. She is in the TOP 10% of her class, and will be graduating in June.
Her Passion & Hobbies
Swimming is one of Nandi’s passions. In addition to being on the varsity team at Golden Valley High School, she has been swimming competitively for almost 7 years for Canyons Aquatics Club. She also loves to travel! Some of the countries she has visited include France, Spain, London, Switzerland, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Columbia, all of the Caribbean islands, Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, Panama, Bonaire, Belize, Curacao, and Jamaica! For fun she enjoys shopping, dancing, singing, watching movies, and hanging out with her family.
Nandi plans to major in Biology, and will be attending either San Diego State University (SDSU) or Willamette University in the Fall of 2014. Her future plans include going to medical school and becoming a cardio-thoracic surgeon.
Living a Happy and Healthy Lifestyle
Living a holistic lifestyle is important to her because it addresses the mind, body and spirit. Nandi wants to be healthy so she believes in making good choices. She realizes that practicing holistic health and wellness will help her live a long and prosperous life.
- Top 10% of her class
- Girl Scouts – Gold Award on Water Safety for Single Mother’s Outreach Program (expected Spring 2014); Silver Award recipient (Spring 2010); Bronze Award recipient (Spring 2008); 1000+ Cookie sales (2010,2009); accepted for Girl Scout Destinations Trip (Summer 2010); member since 2002
- Youngest Intern in the Stanford Shumway Surgical Skills Pre-medical Student Internship Program, Summer 2012
- Veteran of Foreign Wars Scholarship Recipient – 2012-2013 (11th grade) – 2nd in post; 2011-2012 (10th grade) – 1st in post and 3rd in division; 2009-2010 (8th grade)
- California Scholarship Federation (CSF) – 2011- present
- National Honor Society – 2011- present
- Brown University Super Camp Leadership Program Graduate – Summer 2012
- Stanford University Super Camp Graduate – Summer 2011
- California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF) – 2007-2010 (6th-8th grade)
- Ice Skating – Bronze (3rd place) Anaheim National Championship (Fall 2010); California Girls Synchronized Skating Team numerous medals for 1st place (2008-2010)
- People to People Jr. Ambassador to Japan – Summer 2009
- American Tae Kwon DO Association – Arizona State Champion (2004); Achieved rank of 2nd degree Black Belt at age 10 (2007)
- Santa Clarita Junior Lifeguard – Summer of 2006 and 2007