Excelling in School
Kai currently attends Valencia High School in Valencia, California, and will be graduating with honors. She will be wearing a gold robe along with cords for the National Honor Society (NHS), California Scholarship Foundation (CSF), 4 years of Spanish, Breast Cancer Awareness Club, and a stole for being in Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID).
Goals & Dreams
After high school, Kai will major in Biology/Pre-Med at California State University, Monterey Bay. She also plans to minor in dance. Kai’s dream is to become an anesthesiologist and eventually open her own dance studio.
Her Passion & Hobbies
Dance is her absolute passion. Kai has worked on commercials, and was a background dancer for many rising stars. She also danced on a Krump crew that promotes anti-bullying. “Dance is more than just a hobby, it’s my life. I live, sleep, and breath dance which has been a passion of mine since I was very young. I have now entered the professional dance world and dream of becoming one of Beyonce’s background dancers,” she shared.
For fun, she loves going to the beach, surfing, boogie boarding, and skin diving. Kai told us: “I also love to capture every moment of my life with my camera and see how one picture can tell a thousand words and bring back so many amazing memories.”
Living a Healthy Lifestyle
Kai is a vegetarian. She doesn’t drink soda nor does she eat any kind of junk food (chips, cookies, cake…etc.). Kai tells us: “The benefits are endless just by making a simple change, such as having a piece of fruit for dessert, or having celery and carrots instead of a bag of chips. You’ll feel good and have so much energy.”
She believes we should make everyday count so why not start by taking great care of our body? That means eating right, exercising and getting plenty of sleep. As a very active dancer, holistic health and wellness plays a very important part in her life.
- Graduating with honors from Valencia High School
- Treasurer of the Breast Cancer Awareness Club at Valencia High School
- Captain of Valencia High School’s Hip Hop Team
- Honor Roll (all 8 semesters) while attending Valencia High School
- Recipient of multiple Viking Valor awards at Valencia High School
- Girl Scout since Kindergarten (received a bronze award)
- Medal of Honor in Elementary School for saving a girl from choking by doing the Heimlich Maneuver
- Grand National Champion every year (her competitive dance team)
- Multiple Elite Top First Place trophies and medals for her other dance routines